Monday, November 5, 2012

Response and times

  This past week, I have read extra short stories that I liked and that I didn't like. One of the stories that I read was Hills Like White Elephants, and that story was pretty good, but was almost all dialogue, and I felt like there was not really a theme to it, it felt as if the story wasn't going anywhere. It was almost point less. Another story I read was the Cathedral, which I really liked. It was a story that was kind of sad, yet happy, and I wanted to read it again, because of how much I enjoyed it.
  There were other stories that I had read and enjoyed, and there were stories that I had stared and couldn't finish them because I couldn't read anymore about them. Normally, I would be able to finish the short story that I was reading, but after I started reading, and didn't finish it in the first time I started reading it, then I never wanted to go back to finish it.




Reading times-
Short Stories-
10/29- 20 min 10/30- 25 min 10/31-15 min 11/1- 20 min
total- 80 min

1 comment:

  1. I also read "Hills Like White Elephants." I thought it was strange at first as well, but eventually developed a theory. As it turned out, my theory was completely wrong. I thought they were going to bomb a train station but it turns out they were planning an abortion. Who knew.

    ReplyDelete