Monday, September 10, 2012

Outside reading

  I have just started reading a new book, Before I Fall.  The beginning of the book is kind of slow, but it is so far a pretty good book. Before I Fall , is a book that I am glad about starting. It is very interesting, and is the kind of book that I like to read. As I continue to read, it gets better and easier to read. I want to keep reading it every time I pick it up.  So far, it is about a girl with great friends, and a good life. The main character is a popular girl who usually gets what ever she wants, but it will soon change.

For the other part of my time I read The Norton Field Guide of Writing.  The three things that I read were very well written, and easy to read, but it wasn't something that I enjoyed. Reading this was very tedious, and I couldn't wait to finish what I had to read. Once I was done, I was relieved, knowing that I finished that assignment, and could also use part of the time for a different. I took my time reading it, so that I understood it better. Each of the three things I read were different, but easily understood. In each thing, i learned something new and different, but I know it will help me with my writing.





Outside Reading Times
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver-
9/5- 10 min., 9/6- 30 min. 9/9 30 min. total 70 min. pp. 1-65
The Norton Field Guide of Writing
9/8- 30min  9/9-50min total 80min. p.26-37, p.564-570, p.577-582

1 comment:

  1. Katie i agree slow beginnings of books are boring. I also agree with the fact that the farther you get in the easier it is to read. Good post.

    ReplyDelete